“Image Ministry” supports children with special needs and their families.
The vision of Riverside Church is to reach out to people with the Christian gospel. It is on this foundation of worship, fellowship and evangelism that the church is built, and we continue to reach out into our communities and places of work in every way we can. Image Ministry is one of the ways that Riverside is reaching into the community to share God’s amazing love for us.
The mission of Image Ministry is to encourage and support the participation of children with special needs and their families in the vibrant life of Riverside church in the truth that we are all created in God’s image.
We provide a safe environment for children of different abilities and needs, including those who benefit from one to one support or in a more multi-sensory environment as they learn of God’s love.
Image Ministry currently provides the following ministry programs:
- Sidekicks: Volunteers who support children with special needs to access their peer Sunday morning group.
- Trekkers: A Sunday morning group designed for children of different abilities and needs where God’s love and the good news of Jesus Christ are demonstrated in a creative and accessible way.
- Mums’ Small Group: A relaxing morning spent sharing, chatting and praying for one another. This group meets on the last Friday morning of each month in school term.
- Parent’s Night Out: An opportunity for parents of children with special needs to connect with one another over a meal. Evenings are arranged throughout the year.
- Saturday Club Stay & Play
Image Ministry Core Values:
- Everyone is created in God’s Image
- We will make the good news of Jesus Christ accessible to children of all abilities.
- Our goal is to empower children with special needs through support, to realise and share their unique spiritual gifts.
- Everything we do for Christ will be done with excellence.